Read to the end…
Make sure you can commit to the rehearsals and shows. Excessive absences will be cause for dismissal.
** See below for more detailed schedule information.
All auditionees should arrive at least 15 minutes before their schedule audition time. Late arrivals may not be allowed to audition.
Parents do not have to stay the entire time. Make sure all auditionees are picked up promptly at the end of their audition time.
If you cannot make the auditions of Feb 25 & 26, there is an alternate date available. Please contact email@example.com.
Saturday, February 25: Dance Auditions
Dancers will audition in 2 groups:
Ages 4-9, 2:30-3:30
Ages 10+, 4:00-6:00
Dancers must be currently enrolled in weekly dance classes in order to be considered for a solo or en pointe role.
Please come prepared with a headshot and dance resume for our judges. Please note any known Friday/Saturday absences on resume (and the audition sign up), as availability will affect casting. All dancers will be taught the choreography during the audition. Age 10+ will start with ballet/pointe, then move to contemporary and jazz/tap. Please bring the appropriate shoes. Dress code for all dancers is ballet attire, hair in a bun. Jazz pants may be worn for the second half of the audition.
Sunday, February 26: Musical Theater Auditions (Singing, Dancing, Acting)
Auditions will take place in small groups
Auditions are open to everyone, no matter their experience level.
Auditionees should be prepared with:
- A printed headshot/portrait photo, at least 4”x6”, 8”x10” preferred – attached to the auditionee’s resume
- A resume of performing/music experience – list name, date of birth, and previous performing experience or training/lessons.
- 32 bars of sung music best representing their musical theatre abilities. This should be sung A Capella or the auditionee may sing with a track played on their phone.
- Close-toed shoes and dressed-to-move as all acting/singing auditionees will also learn a brief dance routine
- Previous dance experience is not necessary or required
- Readings from the script will be given to each auditionee when they arrive
Mandatory meeting for PARENTS – Friday March 3, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Mark this on your calendar and plan to attend if you would like to participate in the show.
Conflict dates (dates you know you will miss rehearsal) need to be submitted prior to the auditions, as this will affect casting.
There is a space to put these dates on the audition sign up form.
Any additional absences during the rehearsals will not be accepted and may cause the removal from the role.
Additional Expectations and Commitments:
- Participation Fee is $105 per participant. There is a discount for more than one participant in a family.
- Families are expected to give volunteer time. Helping backstage, costume projects and alterations, making/acquiring props and set pieces, fundraising, etc are some of the options. You will be able to choose these on your registration form and our volunteer coordinator will be in touch with you!
- If you would like to opt out of volunteer time there is the option to pay a $50 fee. This is also on the registration form.
If you’re not sure who to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you!
Feb 25-26: Auditions
March 2: Cast Announcement
March 3: MANDATORY Parent Meeting 6:00-7:30 pm
March 4: First Rehearsal
Actors 10:00-2:00 pm
Dancers: 12:30-4:30 pm
We will be posting the rehearsal call times for March after the cast list is done. Not everyone will be called for all of these times or for every week – but the rehearsals will fall into this schedule.
Fridays 4:00-8:00 pm
Saturdays 10:00-2:00 pm
Fridays 4:30-8:30 pm
Saturday 12:30-4:30 pm
Rehearsals will be every week starting March 4th until
May 13-18: Tech week (daily rehearsals)
May 19, 20, 21: Show dates